Services - Veterans
Mockler Funeral Home will assist the families of honorably discharged veterans when applying for veterans' benefits. Applications must be submitted for each benefit and require the signature of the next of kin, or the responsible party for the veteran to receive these benefits. These benefits are in recognition of the sacrifice and contributions of our Nation's Veterans.
- All Veterans discharged under conditions other than dishonorable are eligible to apply for a burial flag.
- Allowance is paid to those receiving VA pension or those who die in a VA hospital or a VA nursing home.
- When burial is in the Maine Veterans Memorial Cemetery or a national cemetery, the allowance is paid directly to the cemetery.
- Transportation is paid if death occurs in a VA hospital or a VA nursing home.
Standard Grave Markers
- Various markers are available upon application.
Military Funeral Honors
- Veterans may also be eligible for military honors. This includes the folding of the flag, a military color guard, and taps. The color guard is not always available, but the military tries to make every effort to provide the honors. For further information, write, call or visithttp://www.maine.gov/dvem/bvs/cemeteries.htm.
Additional Veterans Information
CLICK HERE to read about the new Walls of Honor at Northern Maine Veterans Cemetery and to download the application to order a Tribute Tile for a living or deceased Veteran.